Monday, September 20, 2010

Work Starts!

As mentioned in my post on Friday we were supposed to meet the builders on site this morning bright and early and when I woke up to the sound of rain bucketing on our roof I thought, no chance. Until I turned my phone on and there was a message from the Foreman saying it was still all systems go.

It was magic at the site, with the clouds nestling the mountains in the distance and the misty rain and lush grass.

The truckdriver with the bull dozer was a little late but he turned up and was quick to get his machine off the truck and was ready to go.

They checked all the boundaries and then used spray paint to mark the area for the building pad and what trees are to be removed. This took over an hour and I had to get going off to work so didn't see any soil get moved.






 This one below is the neighbours house, I posted a picture of the cut and footings the other day and now it's quite advanced.



Will have more pics of the finshed building pad later in the week.

So exciting!

Cherie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cherie, thanks for your comments on my blog and now I have joined yours! How exciting to be building your home. I am looking forward to following your journey. Best wishes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete